You don’t need expensive hair treatments to grow your hair. DIY hair growth treatments are better for your health and are usually more effective. Below we have listed seven of the best DIY hair growth treatments that are affordable, easy to do, and all natural. Eggs are a popular ingredient to include in hair growth remedies, but if you have an aversion to eggs, you have many egg-free options that are just as effective.
1. Egg, Oil, and Honey DIY Hair Mask
One of the fastest working DIY hair growth treatments is the egg, oil, and honey mask. It grows your hair longer within a month, and you only need to apply it 2-3 times a week, letting it sit in your hair for an hour each time. Something important to know about this DIY hair mask is you need to rinse it out with cold water not hot water. The egg, oil, and honey DIY mask grows your hair longer, eliminates dandruff, softens the hair, and improves shininess. Ingredients you’ll need are:
- Coconut oil. Promotes hair growth and moisturizes.
- Olive oil. Removes dust and pollutants from the scalp as well as strengthening and moisturizing the hair.
- Honey. Improves health of the hair follicles, promotes hair growth, and conditions the hair.
- Egg. Full of fatty acids, vitamins, and proteins that are nourishing for the hair.
2. Bridal Care Hair Mask
If you don’t like spending a lot of time on your beauty routine, the bridal care hair mask is a good choice because it only needs to be applied one time per week for 1-2 months. In addition to helping your hair grow, the Bridal Care Hair Mask thickens, strengthens, softens, and smoothens hair. The all natural ingredients you need for this hair growth treatment are:
- Avocado. Cut a ripe avocado in half and discard the seed, then scoop out the fruit into a blender.
- Egg yolk. You only need the yolk. It helps promote hair growth and eliminates dandruff.
- Banana. Conditions hair and helps prevent hair loss.
- Olive oil. Strengthens roots and nourishes the scalp.
- Blender. Blend the avocado, banana, and olive oil into a puree. Stir in the egg yolk.
3. Rosemary Oil Scalp Massage
If you have tried supplements and hair masks with no success in speeding up hair growth, what you probably need is a scalp massage. It’s an overlooked method but one that is sometimes important for hair growth. One of the best DIY hair growth treatments involving scalp massage is the rosemary oil scalp massage. Use this method once per week to enjoy the benefits. All you need for this DIY hair growth treatment is:
- Rosemary oil. Add a few drops to your shampoo and massage it into your scalp. If you want to directly apply it to your hair, you need to dilute the rosemary oil with coconut oil or olive oil.
4. Egg and Olive Oil
One of the best DIY hair growth treatments with few ingredients is egg and olive oil. With just these two ingredients most people have in their homes, you can make a mask that stimulates hair growth:
- Egg. Remember to rinse with cold water, so that the egg doesn’t cook in your hair.
- Olive oil. Treats scalp dryness and moisturizes the hair.
What part of the egg you use depends on your hair type. Use the yolk for dry hair, the white for oily hair, and the whole egg for normal or combination hair. You should apply the treatment once a week. In addition to stimulating hair growth, egg and olive oil treatments add volume to your hair, minimizes hair fall, strengthens hair, and fights dandruff.
5. Hot Castor Oil Treatment
Don’t like the thought of rinsing your hair with cold water? A hot castor oil treatment is a DIY hair growth remedy that doesn’t require cold water. Some people find this treatment soothing as well albeit the sticky consistency of castor oil. The warmth on your scalp is relaxing. Benefits of hot castor oil hair treatments include hair growth, thicker hair, prevention and healing of scalp infections, and reduction of frizziness. You only need to do it 1-2 times per week. What you need for a hot castor oil treatment is:
- Castor oil. Massage a few drops of oil in your hair and scalp. Leave it in your hair for at least 15 minutes, then take a shower to rinse it out.
- Shower cap. Putting a shower cap on after applying the oil prevents a mess and helps keep your scalp warmer.
- Microwave. You can heat the oil for around 30 seconds before applying it to your hair. Just make sure it’s not too hot, so you don’t burn your scalp.
6. Green Tea Rinse
A simple method of growing your hair and stopping hair loss is the green tea rinse. Brew green tea and let it cool, then massage it into your scalp and hair after taking a shower. Let the tea soak in your hair for 10 minutes before rinsing it out with cold water. Use the green tea rinse 2-3 times per week for a few months to grow your hair. Green tea stimulates the hair follicles, fights dandruff, stops hair loss, strengthens hair, softens hair, and treats scalp infections. The green tea rinse only requires:
- Fresh green tea. Contains vitamin B, DHT-blockers, and anti-inflammatory properties for hair health.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
An effective, inexpensive way of growing your hair is through apple cider vinegar rinses. Apple cider vinegar provides many benefits for your hair, such as hair growth, increasing shine, increasing volume, balancing the pH of your hair, and killing harmful bacteria and fungi. Unlike other treatments that require letting the mixture sit in your hair for a while, you only need to leave the apple cider vinegar rinse in your hair for 1-2 minutes. Use it 1-2 times per week for hair growth and treatment of hair issues. You only need the following two ingredients for the apple cider vinegar rinse:
- Apple cider vinegar. Choose organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar for effectiveness.
- Water. Dilute the apple cider vinegar with one cup of water every 2-4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Bonus tip: Your hair grows faster when it’s healthy and the products you use make a huge difference. You can also try a DIY shampoo instead of a store-bought one for optimal results.
The seven DIY hair growth treatments above are the most effective natural ways to grow your hair. Additional benefits of these treatments are healthier overall hair, so you can enjoy those luscious, soft locks you want. Do you have any other good DIY hair growth treatments to share? Let us know in the comments below.