You don’t need expensive hair treatments to grow your hair faster and longer. DIY hair growth treatments are usually better for your health and oftentimes more effective.
Below we have listed seven of the best DIY hair growth treatments that are affordable, easy to do, and all natural. Eggs are a popular ingredient to include in home-made hair growth remedies, but if you have an aversion to eggs, you have many egg-free options that are just as effective.
1. Egg, Oil, and Honey DIY Hair Mask
One of the most effective DIY hair growth treatments is the egg, oil, and honey mask. It supposedly helps grow your hair longer within a month, and you only need to apply it 2-3 times a week, letting it sit in your hair for an hour each time.
Something important to know about this DIY hair mask is that you need to rinse it out with cold water not hot water.
This egg, oil, and honey DIY mask grows your hair longer, eliminates dandruff, softens the hair, and improves shininess. The ingredients you’ll need are:
- Coconut oil. Promotes hair growth and moisturizes.
- Olive oil. Removes dust and pollutants from the scalp as well as strengthening and moisturizing the hair.
- Honey. Improves health of the hair follicles, promotes hair growth, and conditions the hair.
- Egg. Full of fatty acids, vitamins, and proteins that are nourishing for the hair.
For the exact amounts check out the video below.
2. Bridal Care Hair Mask
If you don’t like spending a lot of time on your beauty routine, the bridal care hair mask is a good choice because it only needs to be applied one time per week for 1-2 months.
In addition to helping your hair grow, the Bridal Care Hair Mask thickens, strengthens, softens, and smoothens the hair.
The all natural ingredients you’ll need for this hair growth treatment are:
- Avocado. Cut a ripe avocado in half and discard the seed, then scoop out the fruit into a blender.
- Egg yolk. You only need the yolk. It helps promote hair growth and eliminates dandruff.
- Banana. Magnesium-rich, it conditions the hair and helps prevent hair loss.
- Olive oil. Strengthens roots and nourishes the scalp.
- Blender. Blend the avocado, banana, and olive oil into a puree. Stir in the egg yolk.
3. Rosemary Oil Scalp Massage
If you have tried supplements and hair masks for speeding up hair growth without success, what you probably need is a scalp massage.
It’s an overlooked method but one that is sometimes important for hair growth. One of the best DIY hair growth treatments involving a scalp massage is the rosemary oil scalp massage. Use this method once per week to enjoy its benefits.
All you need for this DIY hair growth treatment is:
- Rosemary oil. Add a few drops to your regular shampoo and massage it into your scalp. If you want to directly apply it to your hair, you need to dilute the rosemary oil with coconut oil or olive oil.
4. Egg and Olive Oil
One of the best DIY hair growth treatments with few ingredients is egg and olive oil. With just these two ingredients most people have in their homes, you can make a mask that stimulates hair growth:
- Egg. Remember to rinse with cold water, so that the egg doesn’t get cooked in your strands.
- Olive oil. Treats scalp dryness and moisturizes the hair.
What part of the egg you use depends on your hair type. Use the yolk for dry hair, the white for oily hair, and the whole egg for normal or combination hair.
You should apply the treatment once a week. In addition to stimulating hair growth, egg and olive oil treatments add volume to your hair, minimize hair fall, strengthen the hair, and fight off dandruff.
5. Hot Castor Oil Treatment
Don’t like the thought of rinsing your hair with cold water? A hot castor oil treatment is a DIY hair growth remedy your grandma likely used to love and which doesn’t require cold water.
Some people find this treatment soothing as well albeit the sticky consistency of castor oil. The warmth on your scalp is relaxing.
Benefits of hot castor oil hair treatments include faster hair growth, thicker hair, prevention and healing of scalp infections, and reduction of frizziness.
You only need to do it 1-2 times per week. What you need for a hot castor oil treatment is:
- Castor oil. Massage a few drops of oil in your hair and scalp. Leave it in your hair for at least 15 minutes, then take a shower to rinse it out.
- Shower cap. Putting a shower cap on after applying the oil prevents a mess and helps keep your scalp warmer.
- Microwave. You can heat the oil for around 30 seconds before applying it to your hair. Just make sure it’s not too hot, so you don’t burn your scalp.
6. Green Tea Rinse
A simple method of growing your hair and stopping hair loss is the green tea rinse. Brew a cup of green tea and let it cool, then massage it into your scalp and hair after taking a shower.
Let the tea soak in your hair for 10 minutes before rinsing it out with cold water. Use the green tea rinse 2-3 times per week for a few months to grow your hair.
Green tea stimulates the hair follicles, fights dandruff, stops hair loss in its tracks, strengthens the hair, softens the hair, and help treat scalp infections.
The green tea rinse only requires:
- Fresh green tea. Contains vitamin B, DHT-blockers, and anti-inflammatory properties for hair health.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
An effective, inexpensive way of growing your hair faster and longer is apple cider vinegar rinses. Apple cider vinegar comes with many benefits for your hair, such as rapid hair growth, increased shine, visibly increased volume, balanced hair pH, and removal of harmful bacteria and fungi.
Unlike other treatments that require letting the mixture sit in your hair for a while, you only need to leave the apple cider vinegar rinse in your hair for 1-2 minutes.
Use it 1-2 times per week for hair growth and as a treatment for hair issues. You only need the following two ingredients for the apple cider vinegar rinse:
- Apple cider vinegar. Choose organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar for effectiveness (we recommend the Bragg organic brand)
- Water. Dilute the apple cider vinegar with one cup of water every 2-4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
8. Egg and Yogurt DIY Hair Mask
This highly effective hair mask is recommended especially for dry and damaged hair. While egg contains vtamins and minerals that nourish the hair from the root up, natural yogurt is a rich source of protein which promotes vigorous and healthy hair growth.
Also, the lactic acids in natural yogurt help cleanse the scalp, control irritation, and flush out dead skin cells that prevent new hair to grow. For this natural hair mask, you’ll need:
- One free-range egg. According to recent research, free range eggs contain up to 6 times more vitamin D, 2 times more Omega 3 fatty acids, and 3 times more vitamin E than regular, supermarket eggs (all these nutrients are essential for a healthy and shiny hair, regardless of hair type)
- 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- The juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil/olive oil.
Beat up the egg, stir in the yogurt and lemon juice, mix in the vegetable oil and gently massage the mix into your hair and cover with a hot towel. Let it sit in for 20-30 minutes, them rinse it out with your favorite shampoo and lukewarm water.
Your hair grows faster when it’s healthy and the products you use make a huge difference. You can also try a DIY shampoo instead of a store-bought one for optimal results.
Also, don’t forget about nutrition from the inside out. Add plenty of foods rich in vitamin E, the B-complex group, sulfur, and zinc to your daily diet.
The seven DIY hair growth treatments above are the most effective natural ways to grow your hair fast. Additional benefits of these treatments are healthier overall hair, so you can enjoy those luscious, soft locks you always wanted.
Do you have any other good DIY hair growth treatments to share? Share the love in the comments below.