1. DIY Baby’s Breath Floral Crown
This delicate DIY flower crown design is perfect for brides or bridesmaids at a bohemian wedding. When finished, it looks professional but doesn’t require a high skill level to make. Because it has a ribbon tie, you can even share this crown with friends because it can adjust to different sized heads. To make it you will need:
- Floral tape. It’s key to holding the flowers in place on the crown.
- Scissors. Use a pair strong and sharp enough to cut through the wire.
- Floral wire. Forming the crown’s base, it is lightweight and can be bent to fit your head.
- Ribbon. This adds a pretty detail and makes the crown adjustable.
- Baby’s breath or other flowers that hold up without water. Flowers that won’t wilt after being exposed to heat and sun are key.
2. DIY Boho Flower Crown
Looking for a fast and easy DIY flower crown headband? This project is perfect for you. Its easy-to-find supplies and simple steps make it ideal for craft queens of all skill levels. To create this flower crown DIY you will need:
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks. Have extra glue on hand in case you mess up or use too much.
- Faux flowers of your choice. Visit a craft store for the best selection.
- Scissors. A sharp pair will ensure the twine doesn’t unravel when you cut it.
- Jute rope/twine. This is key to giving the crown a rustic boho vibe.
3. DIY Braided Floral Headband
This DIY flower crown project takes nimble fingers and a lot of patience, but the end result is worth it! It incorporates elastic, making the headband comfy enough to wear all day at a wedding or all night at a music festival. With just 6 supplies and 4 steps, you’ll have a beautiful accessory! To make this you will need:
- Leather suede cord. Three strands braided together make a pretty bohemian headband.
- Faux spring flowers
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Scraps of ribbon or lace. Wrap this around the place where the elastic and cord meet to make it look more put-together.
- Elastic. This ensures the DIY flower crown headband is comfortable to wear.
- Felt. Use small pieces to secure the glued flowers from the underside of the crown.
4. DIY Flower Crown
Whether you are attending an outdoor concert or getting married, this easy-to-make headband makes a beautiful addition to your outfit. Its ribbon tie allows you to wear it multiple ways to give this accessory even more use in your summer wardrobe. To make it, shop for:
- Stretch elastic or grosgrain ribbon
- Felt circles. These provide a backing for the flowers against the headband.
- Fabric flowers. This DIY flower crown uses peonies and ranunculus.
- Rhinestone and pearl embellishments. Perfect for adding a little bling to make the crown special.
- Flower beads. These help fill in empty spaces on your headband to make it look fuller.
5. “Stained Glass” Flower Crown
Most DIY flower crowns are made with real or silk blossoms, but this project is more unique. With a lot of meticulous handiwork required, this DIY flower crown is best for experienced crafters and jewelry makers. Along with lots of time and a steady hand, you will need:
- Thin wire. Use this to create intricate little flowers to add to your crown.
- Satin ribbon. Choose a color to match or contrast your flowers to add a pretty detail to the back of your crown.
- Nail polish. Choose one or more colors, then drop into the wire loops to create a stained glass effect.
- Wire cutters
- Flat nose pliers. These will help you twist the flowers into shape and secure them onto the wire headband.
6. DIY Floral Crown
Of all the DIY flower crowns on this list, this one is by far the easiest to make. It is perfect for those who are beginners at crafting or don’t have a lot of time to create. With this tutorial, you can go from the craft room to out the door to your favorite festival in no time at all! To make this headband you will need:
- A headband. Any old one you have lying around your house will do, as long as it has a sturdy frame.
- Faux flowers on wire of your choice. Chose colors to match your favorite summer outfit!
7. Super Easy Floral Crown
This crazy easy flower crown DIY project is perfect for fashionistas on a budget. It looks chic and expensive but can be made for super cheap! Plus it takes only a few minutes to make. You will look like a flower child with a high-fashion flair no matter what you pair this crown with. Whenever you wear it, your friends are sure to ask you to make one for them, too. To make this crown, you’ll need:
- Large flowers with coated wire. These are the focus of the crown, so choose eye-catching favorites like roses or peonies.
- Small flowers with coated wire. The smaller blossoms will fill in empty spaces and give your crown a unique look.
8. DIY Floral Halo
If the big, bold DIY flower crown look is too much for your style, try this more subtle project instead. It still gives off major hippie chick vibes but looks like you could actually wear it in public without getting stares. With just 4 easy steps and a few inexpensive supplies, you’ll be transformed into a flower child in minutes! To make this halo, shop for:
- Faux flowers of your choice. Make sure to cut the flowers off their plastic stems super close so they lay flat on your ribbon.
- Good scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Pretty ribbon. Choose a contrasting color to make your flowers really stand out!
9. Daisy Crown
If you love the all-natural look (or want to reminisce on your childhood), give this tutorial a try. Just like when you were little, you can wear a daisy chain around your head and pretend you’re a princess. This DIY flower crown is perfect for a flower girl or bride at a whimsical, earthy wedding. To make it, you need:
- White daisies. You can also use other colors if you can find enough of them!
- Scissors. To cut the stems to the same length.
- Bobby pins. You’ll need these to hold your crown in place.
10. DIY Cupcake Liner Flower Crown
Want to make a DIY flower crown but can’t make it to the craft store? This project uses supplies you probably already have in your house! It looks so cute and is pretty cheap to make, but this crown requires some high-level crafting skills to get the flowers just right. Along with patience, you will need:
- Cupcake liners. Use white to make pretty summer blossoms and green for the leaves!
- Hot glue or other strong glue
- Black marker. This is to draw the veins on the leaves.
- Decoupage glue. Perfect for attaching the leaves to the flowers without getting all gloopy.
From delicate wire flowers to fluffy silk blossoms, there is a flower crown on this list for every aesthetic. With these pretty DIY projects, you can rock the flower child look all summer long. Know any other great DIY flower crowns? Share them in the comments below! Also make sure to check out our article on DIY jewelry tutorials!