1. DIY Farmhouse Dining Table
This DIY farmhouse table brings a touch of color to your space. This trestle style base table is the perfect weekend project that will transform your space and bring a whole new life to your home.
Gather the following tools to get started on this project:
- Drill: to screw the pieces of wood together.
- Palm sander: to create a nice smooth surface for staining or painting.
- Slider miter saw: to cut wood sections for assembly.
2. DIY Farmhouse Table out of Construction Grade Lumber
Making your own DIY farmhouse table is a great way to save money while creating a beautiful piece for your home. These tables often run a couple thousand dollars when purchased from the store, making them out of reach for a lot of people. This project from DIY Pete can be completed with less than a couple hundred dollars, providing ample seating for your family and guests.
To complete this project, you will need:
- Palm sander: to smooth the surface of all wood sections.
- Drill: to ensure all wood sections are secured together.
- Miter saw: to cut all the wood to size.
3. DIY Walnut Farmhouse Dining Table
This great dining table option provides bench seating that stylishly matches your table surface. This is a great option for your next family gathering. This project requires some wood, screws, stain, and sandpaper to complete.
For this table, you will also need:
- Palm sander: to smooth away rough surfaces.
- Miter saw: to accurately cut the wood to size.
- Drill: to attach wood sections to one another.
4. DIY Farmhouse Table with Large Beam Top
This extra heavy duty DIY farmhouse table is sure to make a bold statement at your next gathering. This easy-to-follow tutorial shows you how to take large beams and turn them into the perfect dining table surface.
To complete this, you will need the following tools:
- Paddle bits: to set-in the bolts rather than have them stick out on the legs.
- Orbital sander: to make sure all wood is smooth for finishing.
- Drill: to connect the wood.
- Miter saw: to cut wood to size.
5. DIY Rustic Farmhouse Table
A rustic farmhouse table is a perfect addition to any country style home. This beautifully finished table will brighten any home. A miter saw is great for this project because of all the angles you will need to cut.
This project can be completed in a weekend with the following tools:
- Orbital sander: to create a smooth finish to the wood.
- Miter saw: to cut wood for the table.
- Drill: to attach wood sections together.
6. DIY Farmhouse Table with Extension
Unlike your typical farmhouse table, this one has an extension. This allows you to expand your table to provide even more seating at your next big dinner. This table will take around 2-to-3-days to complete, depending on the depth of stain you would like to achieve.
For this project, you will need:
- Miter saw: to cut wood accurately to size.
- Drill: to secure the table together.
- Hand sander: to smooth rough wood surfaces.
7. Inexpensive DIY Farmhouse Table
If you are on a budget, you can reuse an old beat-up table to create a brand new farmhouse table. This tutorial provides step-by-step directions you can follow to bring new life to an old table. For this inexpensive table option you will need:
- Palm sander: to smooth the wood surface for finishing.
- Drop cloth: to protect your area throughout the process.
8. Easy DIY Farmhouse Table
If you do not have a table that you want to refinish, you can make an inexpensive version using framing lumber. This table tutorial shows how to make a farmhouse table for your home for under $100. This is a beautiful table that can be stained, sealed, or painted to make a lasting impression in your home.
To complete this inexpensive project you will need:
- Palm sander: to create a smooth wood surface.
- Drill: to attach wood sections together.
- Table saw: to cut the wood according to the measurements.
9. Antique DIY Farmhouse Dining Table
This DIY farmhouse table is a rustic option that utilizes tea to stain the wood to a darker tone. This tutorial shows you how to make a rustic farmhouse dining table with inexpensive pine wood and stain it to the perfect tone.
Begin soaking brewed tea 2-3 days before you plan on starting your project and gather the following tools once you are ready to get started on your rustic farmhouse dining table:
- Kreg Jig: to screw into pocket holes to create a flatter finished product.
- Orbital finishing sander: to prepare the wood for staining.
- Miter saw: to cut the wood pieces down to size.
- Drill: to secure sections of wood to make the table.
10. DIY 8-Foot Farmhouse Table
This large table option is an excellent choice for large dining areas. This 8-foot table has a strong base and a very rich appearance. Just make sure you have a large enough workspace to accommodate this project for 2-to-3-days while you construct, sand, and finish the project. Once complete, this gorgeous table will bring a whole new style and life to your home.
To begin constructing your 8-foot table, you will need:
- Palm sander: to create a nice smooth surface.
- Saw: to cut the wood.
- Drill: to attach all sections together.
You can complete any of these projects by yourself in as little as 2-to-3-days. Whether you choose to refinish an existing table or create your own grand 8-foot long DIY farmhouse table, you are sure to make a bold statement in your completed farmhouse themed dining space. If you want to start with a smaller woodworking project, we recommend giving our article on 10 DIY TV stands a read. Just be sure to have a space designated for building during the duration of your project, grab your tools, and get started today making your next dream table.