When it comes to face products, you can expect to be shelling out a pretty penny. Face masks are just one of those items that you would purchase, but if you happen to be a little crafty and have some all natural ingredients available, you can easily make your own DIY face mask. The masks are for various skin types, so be sure to try each one to find the one right for you. Each DIY has its own list of required ingredients, but there are two components you’re going to need for each mask.
- A small bowl: If you buy this kit, you don’t even need a brush because this kit comes with one. It also comes with a little set of measuring spoons, which can help you when making your face mask.
- A makeup brush: Buy a new brush for your masks, since you don’t want to destroy your makeup brushes for a face mask.
1. DIY Charcoal & Glue Peel Off Mask
Peel off face masks are extremely popular because they have less mess. You can make your own charcoal & glue peel off mask with just a few basic ingredients. Although not recommended for full coverage, it can be done. Just be prepared to spend quite a bit of time peeling it. Otherwise it’s a great mask for those trouble spot areas. It doesn’t take that long to make at all and only requires:
- Glue. Any kind of school glue will work just fine. This will work to attach the charcoal to your face.
- Activated charcoal. You can’t use regular charcoal for this recipe! Charcoal helps with oils, dirt, and toxins.
2. DIY Egg & Gelatin Peel Off Mask
Just like the previous charcoal and glue mask, this one is of the peel-off variety. It will take a few tries to actually peel, or you can rinse it off. It does take some time to make because you have to make the tea, but you only have to wait a few minutes to start trying to peel it off. The ingredients for this DIY face mask are:
- Green tea. Any other brand of green tea will work just fine too. The green tea helps reduce the look of aging.
- Lemon. Both organic and regular lemons will work just fine. The juice works as a natural anti-bacterial.
- Unflavored gelatin. This will help your mask stick to your face.
- Egg whites. The egg whites help improve fine lines and wrinkles.
3. DIY Refreshing Cucumber Face Mask
The cucumber has natural properties that help with puffiness, and this cucumber face mask can help with all-over puffiness. It doesn’t take long to make, but you will need some time available to let the mask sit on your face. You will need:
- Cucumber. The cucumber hydrates your skin, promotes healing, fights puffiness, and is soothing on the skin.
- Greek yogurt. This works as a natural anti-inflammatory, clears acne, and fights wrinkles.
- Lemon. The juice of the lemon works as an anti-bacterial, brightens your skin, and reduces oil.
4. DIY Mayo Face Mask
This is something that almost every household has on hand, and as long as yours is whole-egg mayo, you can try this DIY face mask too. You can check out this tutorial for applying the mayo facial. You won’t need a lot of time to make the face mask, since it comes premade in the jar, but you will need some time to apply it and let it dry on your face. You are going to need:
- Whole egg mayo. Mayo has the same benefits as egg whites when it comes to applying it to your skin.
5. DIY Egg Face Mask
This DIY face mask is designed to help with acne and blackhead removal. You can easily use things you have available at home for this DIY. Use this tutorial to learn how to make the mask. You will also need:
- An egg. This is the main ingredient in your facial! As stated before, they help with fine lines and wrinkles.
- An extra bowl. You need one for the egg whites and one for the egg yolk.
- Tissues. You’ll be using these to stick to the egg white on your face, so be sure to choose something soft.
- A clean, clear water bottle. Use this to remove the egg yolk cleanly from the egg whites!
- A fork. These work great for whisking if you don’t have a whisk handy.
Note: You can also treat your acne with these great DIY masks for pimples.
6. DIY Avocado Mask
Who doesn’t love avocado? You don’t need much to make this mask, and you should only need about 15-20 minutes to make and use the mask. This tutorial will show you how. Here are the ingredients you’ll need
- A ripe avocado. Avocados have antioxidants and Vitamin C, which your skin needs.
- Plain yogurt.
- Optional: virgin olive oil to work as an extra moisturizer for this mask
7. DIY Wine Facial
This particular idea requires some unique ingredients you might not usually buy. You won’t need too much time to mix and apply this mask. You will need:
- Wine. Resveratrol, an antioxidant in red wine, helps with sun damage on your skin.
- Kaolin clay. This will draw out impurities in your skin.
- Grapeseed oil. This will moisturize and hydrate your skin.
- Organic oat flour. This works as an exfoliant.
Share Your DIY Ideas!
We’ve shared six great face mask ideas with you that you can try at home. Remember that each mask is for a different skin type, so try them all to find which one works for your facial problems. Take pictures of your DIY face mask attempts, leave us comments telling us which masks worked for you, or share some new ideas with us!