It can be difficult to find the right coasters for your home in stores. Have you ever thought about making your own? Well if you have here is 10 different DIY Coasters that you can make to give your living room a personal touch well not breaking the bank at the same time.
1. DIY Tile Photo Coasters
These coasters are great if you like to have pictures up around your home. These DIY coasters are a great way to do so without covering your walls in pictures. They are also way more cost effective then ordering premade photo coasters from a photo printing service. Here’s what you need:
- 4 by 4 Inch Tiles: Your base for making the coasters
- Scissors: To cut the felt and pictures out.
- Mod Podge: To adhere your pictures to the tiles
- Foam Brush: To apply Mod Podge to tile
- Felt: To put on the bottom side of the tile coaster so it doesn’t scratch your table
- Hot Glue Gun: To glue the felt to the bocomic bookttom of your coasters
- Clear Spray Sealant: To make your coasters moisture proof
- Ribbon (Optional): You can use a ribbon to tie a bow around all the coasters you make if you wish to give them to someone as a gift.
2. DIY Vintage Map Coasters
These unique DIY Vintage Map Coasters are great for anyone who is looking for coasters that spark up a conversation as these are far from being just your average coaster. This is what you will need:
- Birch Plywood Board: This is your base for your coasters
- Miter Saw: To cut your plywood into coaster sized squares
- Vintage Maps: This is what your putting on your plywood to make the coasters
- Scissors: To cut the maps and other materials
- Tape Measure: To measure everything to exact measurements
- Electric Sander: To sand the plywood down so it is smooth
- Mod Podge: To adhere the maps to the plywood
- Sponge Brush: To apply Mod Podge
- Spray Polyurethane: Gives coasters a finish so water doesn’t ruin them
- Twine: Gives the coasters a more vintage touch
- Hot Glue Gun: For gluing the twine
3. DIY Beer Coasters
These DIY Beer Coasters are essentially made from six pack beer holders. These are great for anyone who has a man cave type living room or anyone who likes to kick back and have a beer after a long day of hard work. This is what you will need:
- Six Pack Cardboard Beer Holders: These are the design on your coasters. Be sure to pick beer holders with your favorite beer brand.
- Scissors: To cut the cardboard beer holders
- Ceramic tiles: These tiles will be the base of the coasters
- Felt: Will be used on the back of the tiles so they don’t scratch up tables
- Mod Podge: To adhere the beer holders to the tiles
- High Gloss Lacquer: To seal your coasters so they don’t get damaged in the future from being used.
4. DIY Chalkboard Coasters
DIY Chalkboard Coasters are a great idea for people who like to write or draw because that way they can write or draw with chalk on their coasters. The chalkboard coasters would also look great in the living room of a teacher. Here’s what you will need to make these DIY Coasters:
- Tiles: These are going to be the actual coaster base
- Chalkboard Spray: This will be what you cover your tiles with to give them the effect of a chalkboard
- Felt Pads: To prevent the coaster from scratching tables
- Chalk: To write or draw on your coasters when you are all done.No matter what style living room you have there is a DIY coaster you can make that will complement it very well. Pick the DIY coaster idea that you like the best and try it because when you have your end result you will be happy that you took the time to create them.
5. DIY Comic Book Coasters
These DIY Comic Book Coasters are a great idea for anyone who loves to read comic books or likes to watch comic book based movies. These DIY coasters are also extremely affordable and easy to make. Here’s what you are gonna need for this product:
- Pages out of Vintage comic books: These pages will be the designs on your DIY coasters
- Ruler: This is to measure well making the coasters
- Scissors: This is to cut your comic book pages
- Square Slate Coasters: This is your base for the coasters.
- Mod Podge: What you use to adhere the comic pages to coasters.
- A Small Paintbrush: To apply Mod Podge
- Clear Acrylic Sealer: To seal your coasters from being damaged by water
6. DIY Stamped Tile Coasters
These DIY Stamped Tile Coasters are not only a money saver but they are great for making any living room look perfect. The best part is you can use any style stamp that you want and make them look as unique as you want them. Here’s the materials that you will need:
- Square Tiles: These are the base for the coasters that you are making
- Indoor Latex Paint: To dip the stamps in
- Rubber Mounted Stamps: These are what will imprint a design on your coasters.
- Foam Brush: To brush the paint on the stamp
- Thin Adhesive Cork Stickers: These are to prevent the coasters from scratching tables.
7. DIY Coastal Rope Coasters
These DIY Coastal Rope Coasters are other unique DIY coasters that is bound to spark conversations. Rope coasters are a great way to stand out and depending on your living room they may look better then traditional coasters do. Here’s what you will need for these:
- Roll of 1/4″ or 1/2″ inch rope: This is what you will use to make your unique coasters out of rope
- Foam: This is the base of your coasters
- Hot glue gun: This is how you will get the foam to stick to the rope
- Scissors: To cut any rope or any foam that needs to be cut
8. DIY Mason Jar Lid Coasters
These DIY Mason Jar Lid Coasters might be just what you are looking for while trying to put together your perfect living room. Everyone will wonder how you came up with such a great idea and it will cost you barely anything to make them. This is what you will need to make these coasters:
- Wide Mouth Mason Jar lids: This will be the base of your coaster
- Thin sheets of cork: This will go inside the mason jar lids to complete give your coasters a vintage country chic look.
- A Rubber Stamp: to stamp the top of the cork sheet to give it a design
- Permanent Ink Pad: For the stamps
- Hot Glue Gun: To glue the cork to the lid
- Spray Paint: To spray paint the lid any color you want