For most people, their cleansing routine involves nothing more than a shower and a toothbrush. This is fine for cleaning the daily grime off your body, but there is so much more that your tub can offer. Baths are a wonderful way to not only get clean but also to wind down and relax. Fill your tub with everything you need for a truly wonderful experience. This article will go over 10 amazing DIY bath bombs recipes that will give you a whole new respect for your tub.
1. Green Tea Bath Bomb
Tea is the perfect solution to a wide range of health and wellness issues. Green tea has natural antioxidants that can be useful if you’re drinking it, and it has a soothing aroma when using it in the bath. This recipe for a green tea bath bomb will help relax muscles and soothe your senses. If you love tea and can’t seem to get enough of it, this is the DIY bath bomb for you. Here are a few of the ingredients that make this one unique.
- Green Tea Seed Oil: To calm your senses.
- Green Tea Seed Extract: To repair damaged skin.
- Witch Hazel: For a light rose scent and extra moisture.
2. Galaxy Bath Bomb
For all those who love color and glitter, look to the stars for the inspiration behind this next entry. This DIY Galaxy Bath Bomb is fun to use yourself, and also great to give away as a gift. Take a look at what goes into this kind of bath bomb and see for yourself.
- Lemon Juice: To cleanse your skin.
- Eyeshadow Pigment: For extra sparkle.
- Food Coloring: To get the galaxy look.
3. Lavender Both Bomb
Lavender is known for its ability to help you relax. It is used in many different aromatherapy treatments and has been proven to reduce stress. If the whole point of taking a bath is for a quick relaxing break from the world, then this recipe for this recipe for Lavender Bath Bombs is just what you’re looking for. Make sure you have these specific ingredients on hand before you get started.
- Lavender Essential Oil: For the scent you need.
- Coconut Oil: To moisturize your skin.
- Dried Lavender: For an extra punch of lavender.
4. Peppermint Bath Bomb
The specific scents of DIY bath bombs are usually what draws people in. That is exactly why a Peppermint Bath Bomb works so well during the holiday season. It not only brings the energizing scent of peppermint into your bathroom but the red and white coloring also makes for excellent decoration. You might want to make a few extras, your friends will want some for themselves. These additions to the mixture are what sets this recipe apart from all the others.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: To energize the senses.
- Red Food Coloring: For a decorative touch.
- Coconut Oil: To moisturize dry skin.
5. Grapefruit Bath Bomb
Grapefruit is great for your skin and has a smell that reminds many people of summer. The fresh and fruity aroma is most welcome in practically every bathroom. Grapefruit essential oil has been known to ease depression and energize the body. A Grapefruit Bath Bomb will offer these same benefits from the comfort of your own bathtub. With just a few changes in a typical bath bomb mixture, you will be well on your way to paradise.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil: To brighten your day and energize your body.
- Beet Juice: For coloring and healthy skin.
- Coconut Oil: As always, for moisture.
6. Rose Milk Bath Bomb
It seems as though almost every recipe for DIY bath bombs contains the essence of a certain season. From summer to spring, the floral scent of these Rose Milk Bath Bombs will make you feel like you are in the center of a rose garden. This recipe combines several skin conditioners and oils for a truly one of a kind experience. To complete these spectacular bath time accessories, get your hands on these important ingredients.
- Dry Milk: To care for dry, rough skin.
- Dried Rose Petals: For a decorative touch.
- Almond Oil: For a healthy glow.
- Rose Oil: To relax and renew your spirit.
7. Meyer Lemon Bath Bomb
Like the other citrus scents on this list, lemon is also widely used to energize your entire body. Lemon itself is known for its cleansing properties as well as its ability to improve the neurological impulses in your brain. If you have been feeling run down or sluggish lately, try throwing a Meyer Lemon Bath Bomb in your tub. With the addition of these ingredients, you will feel like a whole new person.
- Lemon Essential Oil: To cleanse and energize.
- Meyer Lemon Zest: To boost the lemony scent.
- Witch Hazel: For clear, clean skin.
8. Oatmeal Bath Bomb
If you have dry skin or even know an outdoorsy person who is prone to getting poison ivy rashes, this bath bomb might be right up your alley. Oatmeal clarifies and repairs damaged skin due to dryness, rashes, and even sunburns. An Oatmeal Bath Bomb will give you all of the relaxation you are looking for while healing your skin. As a plus, you may already have all the key ingredients right in your kitchen.
9. Golden Bath Bomb
Sometimes you just need to get away. A nice long bath can do that for you, but why not add something extra? Make yourself feel like royalty with a Golden Bath Bomb. As the fizzing increases, your tub will sparkle and you will be immersed in your own world of comfort. Simply go out and get a few key ingredients and you will be on your way.
- Champagne Fragrance Oil: For the luxurious scent you were looking for.
- King’s Gold Mica: For the golden touch.
- Meadowfoam Oil: For softer skin.
10. Cold Soothing Bath Bomb
When you get sick, all you want is to feel better. A hot bath with a bomb designed to ease the pressure and stuffiness of a cold will improve your mood immensely. A Soothing Bath Bomb uses the potent scents of several essential oils to clear your nasal passages and ease your breathing. Gather these ingredients and keep them on hand for the next time you feel a sniffle.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: To relieve aches and pains.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: To clear nasal passages.
- Lavender Essential Oil: To relax your body.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: To give you energy.
It is always a good idea to take some time out of your busy day to unwind. A hot bath will get you clean, relaxed and soothed. Adding a bath bomb into the mix will enhance that feeling. With a number of wonderful recipes for your every mood, you will always have a good reason to go for a soak in the tub. Use them for yourself or hand them out as gifts. Either way, they are so amazing that none of them will ever go to waste.